Vinita Chieftain: - Mrs. Nellie Dills died early last night from an overdoes of chloroform at the home of her uncle, L J Fish, across the street from the Western hotel. She came from Afton on the train yesterday morning, where she had been living with her husband, Sam Dills. Late yesterday afternoon she purchased a quantity of chloroform at the People's Drug Store and the presumption is that she went home and drank an overdose of it immediately, as she was <paper is torn and overlaps - one line is missing> ... dead at about nine o'clock last night.
Mrs. Dills was about twenty-five years old, and well known in this city, having resided here much of the time for several years. Her husband was telegraphed for at Afton this morning; a message was also sent to her brother at Thayer, Missouri. The interment takes place at the cemetery tomorrow. Tulsa Democrat newspaper, 26 Jan 1900, pg 6, col 4, "Death of a Young Woman"
Arrived here via a search engine?Go Here Contact: Linda Haas Davenport