No Map Location.
Post office established 22 Jan 1927, closed 31 Jul 1928.
Now a part of Jenks located in the area of South 25th West Ave & West 47th St. The area was the site of a proposed publicly subscribed coal industrial enterprise. However, the building burned prior to completion, (other sources say the coal plant was up and running) the project was abandoned. Because of the proposed carbon plant, the site was named for Carbondale, Illinois.
For many years the small town of Carbondale existed and even today the area is called Carbondale. The train stopped at the Carbondale depot for a number of years.
Carbondale History - Southwest Tulsa on Historic Route 66
Arrived here via a search engine? Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019