Map Location: Section 27, Township 20N, Range 13E
Post Office established 28 Feb 1895, closed 31 Oct 1949. Zip: 74115
Incorporated first in 1923, Dawson's 2.5 square miles and its 3,500 residents was annexed into Tulsa in 1949 although the community is still known as Dawson.
Dawson is located North of Pine Street and Dawson Road (East Tecumseh Street), between North Sheridan Road and East 33rd Street.
Almost from its beginning Dawson's main industry was coal mining.
Dawson Road is mentioned in Oklahoma's Historical Society's article titled Creek County. "American Indians and early explorers used the waterways and trails. In 1835 Capt. J. L. Dawson developed a road known as Dawson Road, which followed an Osage hunting trail."
Ghost Town of Dawson YouTube Tulsa Films.com
Article Tulsa World Newspaper
A Neighborhoold History of Tulsa's Historic Dawson (digital copy) Tulsa County Library.
Arrived here via a search engine? Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019