Map Location: Section 3, Township 17N, Range 14E.
Post office established 25 Sep 1901, closed 28 Sep 1906.
Named for Elam Hodge, townsite allottee. When the railroad came through it bypassed Elam and the town's merchants hooked up skids and moved their businesses a few miles to a location closer to the railroad. They named the new town Broken Arrow.
[TCHS] The town of Elam began about 1901 near 145th E. Ave and 111th Street. Elam consisted of a cluster of stores, a gin and a few homes.
Elam Short History at Visit Broken ArrowHistorical Marker Photo for Elam
Arrived here via a search engine? Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019