Location: Section 27, Township 17N, Range 14E.
Post office established 22 Aug 1908 - present. (PO boxes only. Zip 74043)
Located South of Bixby, OK on Hwy 64 (East 167th Street South) at the Tulsa & Wagoner Counties Line..
Named for, depending on the source, Oliver H. Leonard, Tulsa banker or S. C. Leonard of Detroit, Michigan.
TCHS "The town of Leonard is in the extreme southeastern portion of the county, south of Bixby. Leonard was established in 1907, by L. E. Reynolds. The town was named after S. C. Leonard of Detroit, Michigan. The first store in Leonard was operated by Jerry Bentley; the second by Ernest Randolph. Joe Randolph was the first postmaster in town. Leonard exists today as an unincorporated community."
Leonard best known for the Leonard Geophysical Observatory (Oklahoma Historical Society)
Arrived here via a search engine? Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019