USGS Location: latitude 36.206 and longitude -95.927
Post office established 18 May 1906, closed 10 Jul 1915.
The town of Mohawk was about four miles northwest of Tulsa. It took its name from the Mohawk Indians, one of the Six Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy. The old town of Mohawk was absorbed into Mohawk Park. Currently the Mohawk community is located in the area bordering Mohawk Park East of 36th Street North between North Harvard and North Yale Avenues.
Arrived here via a search engine? Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019