Map Location: Section 16, Township 17N, Range 13E.
Post office established 18 Mar 1895, Closed 19 Apr 1898.
[TCHS] "The first town in the southern part of Tulsa County developed as early as 1895 with the establishment of "Posey on Posey Creek", located near 151st Street South just west of Harvard. Posey had a post office, a blacksmith shop, a saloon or two and a store. The Poseys were members of a large Creek Indian family who settled in the area."
Posey has been absorged by Bixby
Arrived here via a search engine? Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019