Map Location: Section 18, Township 18N, Range 15E.
Post office established 21 Feb 1894, closed 30 Nov 1906.
Weer was established about 1857. It began as a trading post for the Creek Indians and smaller number of white settlers in the area. Tulsa World article on Weer
[TCHS] "Located between Broken Arrow and Leonard, was the home of a monumental cotton gin owned by John E. Weer. The cotton gin attracted a gathering of frame buildings which housed a drug-store, a church and a post office. Broken Arrow Scout Newspaper, September 26, 1993, locates Weer between 121st & 131st Streets south and County Line Road in Broken Arrow."
[There are other references to Weer found on the Tulsa site. Use the site's search engine on the main page to find them.]
Arrived here via a search engine?Go to Cities Index page
Last Updated: December 2019