Post office from 22 Jan 1927 to 31 Jul 1928 - now a part of Jenks. (area of South 25th West Ave & West 47th St) The area was the site of a proposed publicly subscribed industrial enterprise. However, the building burned prior to completion, and the project was abandoned. Because of the proposed carbon plant, the site was named for Carbondale, Illinois.
For many years the small town of Carbondale existed and even today the area is called Carbondale. The train stopped at the Carbondale depot for a number of years.
Arrived here via a search engine?Go Here
Contact: Linda Haas Davenport