Location - S3 TS17N R14E. Post office from 25 Sep 1901 - 28 Sep 1906. Named for Elam Hodge, townsite allottee. When the railroad came thru it bypassed Elam and the town's merchants hooked up skids and moved their businesses to the new town of Broken Arrow which was located on the railroad. .[TCHS] The town of Elam began about 1901 near 145th E. Ave and 111th Street. Elam consisted of a cluster of stores, a gin and a few homes. See Broken Arrow.
Arrived here via a search engine?Go Here