Location: S14 TS17N R12E. Post Office establishedJan 31, 1908 - present. Actually the town came after the name. Prior to the Ida Glenn oil well coming in the area was called "Glenn" after the family who lived in the area. When the Ida Glenn came in the area and the field was called "The Glen Pool" - however, due to commonly running the words together "Glenpool" became the name. The town was established after the name was in common usage. Today the town has a sign at each end of town on the highway that reads "The Town That Put Tulsa On The Map". Zip: 74033 (Detailed history TCHS) The newest town in South Tulsa County
Arrived here via a search engine? Go Here
"This Page Was Last UpdatedSaturday, 06-Dec-2008 06:20:36 EST"