Contributed by Bob Cooper
Early in 1906, Mr. Hulette F. Aby and Manuel Hirsh formed a corporation known as "Turley Improvement Company". On April 10, 1906, the Turley Improvement Company bought 30 acres from Seenie Brewer for $1,050.00 and then on January 28, 1911 purchased another 20 acres from David Lewis for $1,100.00.
Manuel Hirsh was a field superintendent for the Savoy Oil Company and was the one that laid out the new town of Turley.
Tulsa Ave is now Peoria Ave and Midland Street is now 60th St N.
Return to Map Index
Return to Home Page
"This Page Was Last Updated "
Linda Haas Davenport